Friday, December 30, 2005

Goodbye 2005... Hello 2006



Wow. This year is over already? Seems like I woke up yesterday and it was January 1, 2005! Now here I am about to welcome in 2006. It all just flew by so fast, man. However, I am thankful to have seen another year go by and usher in another cipher.

Let me say that I am very thankful. I have a lot to be thankful for. For one, my wife. I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for this lady and the wonderful lessons that I have been blessed to learn from her. I am proud of her for accomplishing a major milestone and it's just cool to have someone like her in my life. In 2005, I got closer to my father in a way I never thought imagineable. I got to see a different side of Pops and it made me feel good to call him "Daddy," ya know? This year, I also got to see just how my poetry has affected many people over the years. It's funny -- I knew I had been doing this a long ass time when cats who are like 19 and 20 are telling me "I have heard of you!" Just lets me know that I still have more work to do in this spoken word arena and to keep it coming.

I have learned some lessons that have been both enlightening and frustrating. Had my good times and bad. I'm still thankful.

I have no idea what 2006 has in store for me. I just pray that the Universe will be kind and the one thing that I do want to accomplish this upcoming year is change. There are some ideas, ways, methods, and thought patterns that will be undergoing an "extreme makeover" in 2006. (smile) I promise that I will not be the same person one year from today.

Thank you, 2005. Welcome, 2006.