Monday, December 05, 2005

"She Hate Me"



I am so glad that I did not pay to see this film. I would have been pissed off to the highest level of pisstivity. I finally saw this for the first time last night and when it was all over, my reaction was "what the fuck, man?" Has Spike Lee just fallen off that hard? There was a time when a Spike Lee joint meant an event: you broke out the baseball caps and the jerseys and it was on! I remember catching the bus to see "Malcolm X" and running to the Nation of Islam after it was all over. With this flick, "She Hate Me," I was scratching my head and wondering what the hell was he smoking?

I haven't enjoyed a Spike Lee flick since "Summer of Sam." That was probably his last piece of really great cinema. "Bamboozled?" Please. That was horrible. Damon Wayans and that bullshit accent makes me want to slit my wrist! The time has come for Spike to really come with it. It's a shame that he has to resort to gimmicks and gratuitous sex scenes that aren't needed to make his point. I have no problem with sex scenes, but it seemed like they were for shock value and added nothing to the film.

Spike... do the right thing and come up with a much better movie!